[ITK-users] itkImageFileWriter + ExtractSliceImageFilter: largest region exception

Marcos fotosentido at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:21:22 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have a method that was exporting fine one frame from my itk::Image.

My method:

void Exporter::exportOriginal(QString fileName, ImageType::Pointer
image, int frame)

{

    typedef itk::ImageFileWriter<FrameImageType> WriterType;

    WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();

    writer->SetFileName(fileName.toStdString().c_str());

    ImageType::RegionType inputRegion = image->GetLargestPossibleRegion();

    ImageType::IndexType index = inputRegion.GetIndex();

    ImageType::SizeType size = inputRegion.GetSize();

    index[0] = 0;

    index[1] = 0;

    index[2] = frame;

    // 3D to 2D

    size[2] = 0;

    ImageType::RegionType outputRegion;

    outputRegion.SetIndex(index);

    outputRegion.SetSize(size);

    typedef itk::Testing::ExtractSliceImageFilter<ImageType,
FrameImageType> ExtractType;

    ExtractType::Pointer extracter = ExtractType::New();

    extracter->SetExtractionRegion(outputRegion);

    writer->SetInput(extracter->GetOutput());

    try

    {

        writer->Update();

    }

    catch (itk::ExceptionObject &ex)

    {

        std:cerr << ex << std::endl;

    }

}

as inputRegion, I have:
index: [0, 0, 0]
size: [512, 512, 12]

as outputRegion, I have:
index: [0, 0, 1]                   # first frame
size: [512, 512, 0]

But I'm not sure what happened, now with every image I got an exception:
itkimagefilewriter.hxx:287: "Largest possible region does not fully contain
requested paste IO region"

By the way, my try catch is not getting the exception message, I had to
look inside the writer class.
Any ideas? Thank you.