[ITK-users] How to use rotation matrix and translation to perform Rigid 3D transform?

Siavash Khallaghi siavashk at ece.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 11 13:47:14 EDT 2015

paniwani wrote
> I have been able to use a 3rd party radiotherapy visualization tool to
> verify that the registration works properly. So I don't think the images
> are registered to a particular tracker. That should not be a problem.

This is because the 3rd party tool has knowledge of the reference or that
the transform is already a PET-to-CT transform. I am just telling you this
to help you avoid problems in the future.

paniwani wrote
> I don't have Euler angles; I only have a rotation matrix M as above.

You can use the SetMatrix method of itkEuler3DTransform.

paniwani wrote
> Can I just use the Rigid3DTransform (as I seem to already have all the
> input parameters for it and won't require any conversions)?

I am not sure, but give it a try, and if it works, post the results here.

HTH,

Siavash