[ITK-users] Using PermuteAxesImageFilter to rotate/flip image frames

Marcos fotosentido at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:39:15 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm playing with this filter to rotate an image with frames/slices.
With inmediate viewing result on vtk widget.

My plan is

1) to rotate all frames 90º each time I push a button.
2) to flip all frames horizontal or vertical each time I push a button.

I'm playing with the values of the range:

typedef itk::PermuteAxesImageFilter <float, 3> PermuteAxesImageFilterType;

itk::FixedArray<unsigned int, 3> order;

order[0] = 1;

order[1] = 0;

order[2] = 2;

rotateFilter->SetOrder(order);

rotateFilter->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion();

With (0,1,2) I get the same image. Ok.
If I use (1,0,2), I get all frames rotated 90º AND flipped.

Every frame has width != length, of course all frames have the same dimensions.

I thought that maintaining the third order value as the last one, it
wouldn't affect.

Not sure if my idea is the correct.
Please, I'd apreciate any help.
Thank you.