[ITK-users] Why is resampling changing my pixel intensity?

paniwani paniwani at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:23:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm using the ResampleImageFilter to resample and transform a PET onto a CT
scan, but I'm running into a problem in which my intensity maximum is
altered after the resampling. Can someone help offer a clue as to why this
is happening? My understanding was that resampling should not effect the
pixel intensity. I'm working in python with Simple ITK:

The output of the code above:

Original PET image - BQML
Max: 442102.1941

Resampled PET image - BQML
Max: 53450.7726293

I do not understand why my PET image maximum is being adjusted by roughly a
factor of 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Neil