[ITK-users] Texture pixel by pixel

Francisco Lopez de la Franca franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:53:56 EDT 2015

Hi Bradley,
I'm using your filter for a 3D image and the following is happpening: I
store in a vector the offset list. When I print it, the list contains just
13 offsets (I've used the same code as in the
itk::ScalarImageToTextureImageFilter). The problem comes when I call your
SetOffsets(myOffsetList) method, my application starts printing a lot of
offsets, I guess all the possible combinations for three dimensions.
Do you know this "problem"? Then, what is the real offsets your filter use?

Thank you so much.
Kind regards.
/Francisco

> Hello,
>
> For my itkTextureFeatureImageFilter, the default for the OffsetVector is
> an empty list. So it is required to set this member to get meaningful
> results.
>
> ITK is an OpenSource project. When you don't know how something is
> implemented you can open the hood and find out [1].
>
> HTH,
> Brad
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Numerics/Statistics/include/itkScalarImageToTextureFeaturesFilter.hxx#L66-L76
>
> On Sep 25, 2015, at 6:37 AM, Francisco Lopez de la Franca <
> franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Which directions (for 3D images) will your filter use if I donot specify
> any offset?

> franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> For 3D images, what should I use as default offset vector if I use your
>> class?
>>
>> I've been using itk::ScalarImageToTextureFeaturesFilter for 3D images and
>> I've also done some tests on 3D NIFTI images but its description talks only
>> about the default 2D image offsets ({(-1, 0), (-1, -1), (0, -1), (1, -1)})
>> but not for 3D. Besides, the 2D default is missing some offsets.
>>
>> I'd like to use your class and test it with the same default values as
>> with the ScalarIm.... class.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>> My best regards.

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Please try to keep this discussion on the mailing list.
>>>
>>> You can find a basic program here [1].  Which provide a good example for
>>> usage.
>>>
>>>  It allows writing to any file format that ITK supports with vector
>>> images. I know that mha, nii, and nrrd should support this. Others may and
>>> it varies based what modules are compiled into ITK.
>>>
>>> You can see how the texture information is written into the vector here
>>> [2]. Contributions to improve the documentation are welcomed.
>>>

>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/blowekamp/itkTextureAnalysis/blob/master/test/itkTextureFeatureImageFilterTest.cxx
>>> [2]