[ITK-users] Saving deformation field in vector container

geetha s120049 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Tue Sep 29 01:52:23 EDT 2015

Hi Matt,

Here's a short compilable code for it. The deformation field I'm using can be accessed from here<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lt059gssisg72m/deformation%20field.rar?dl=0>. It fails when updating the container.

#include <itkVectorContainer.h>
#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"

const unsigned int                          Dimension = 3;
typedef double CoordinateRepType;
typedef itk::Vector< float, Dimension >      VectorType;
typedef itk::Image< VectorType, Dimension >  DisplacementFieldType;
typedef itk::VectorContainer<double,DisplacementFieldType::Pointer>DFTransformContainerType;

int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
{
       int inputId = 1;
       typedef itk::ImageFileReader< DisplacementFieldType >  fieldReaderType;
       DFTransformContainerType::Pointer DeffieldContainer = DFTransformContainerType::New() ;
       fieldReaderType::Pointer deffield = fieldReaderType::New();
       deffield->SetFileName(  argv[1]);
       deffield->Update();

       std::cout<<"Updating container!"<<std::endl;
              try
              {
                     DeffieldContainer->SetElement( inputId++ , deffield->GetOutput() ); //Fails here
              }
              catch (itk::ExceptionObject &excp)
              {
              std::cerr << "Exception thrown while updating container" << std::endl;
              std::cerr << excp << std::endl;
              return EXIT_FAILURE;
              }
       std::cout<<"DONE!"<<std::endl;