[ITK-users] (R wrapping/SimpleITK) AddCommand to ImageRegistrationMethod bug

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Mon Apr 11 11:14:23 EDT 2016

Hello,

We have R tested with SimpleITK on a number of systems each night. And this morning we have run the tests on several systems, and it is running and passing OK, this was with what every old R version was on the systems

We should focus on getting the tests to pass on your system first. It’s a good sign that you can run the AddCommand with the sitk::Command class. Does the rest of the R tests pass when you run ctest?

I am still suspicious you are not running the latest development version. What is the git hash you are using?

As you were digging into the SimpleITK R code you were on the right track with the ProccessObject::AddCommand and the sitk::Command class. The other two parts you are missing is the RCommand C++ class [1], and the overridden ProcessObject::AddCommand method [2]. These were recently added to SimpleITK since the 0.9 release. You can see that the added procedure wraps the passed callable, into the RCommand class.

HTH,
Brad

[1] https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/master/Wrapping/R/sitkRCommand.h <https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/master/Wrapping/R/sitkRCommand.h>
[2] https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/2ffffba589b24465a09eed1303bbffd6fe3fe18e/Wrapping/R/R.i#L565-L589 <https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/blob/2ffffba589b24465a09eed1303bbffd6fe3fe18e/Wrapping/R/R.i#L565-L589>