[ITK-users] Vector image deformable registration

artioml artioml at post.bgu.ac.il
Sun Apr 17 00:54:26 EDT 2016

I solved the problem. Because I need to calculate a metric on a Vector image
I have used /MetricTraitsType/.
But the class /ImageRegistrationMethod/ doesn't take /MetricTraitsType/ as
part of its template. It defines an internal /ImageToImageMetric/ without
the trait.

So instead of using the registration method I did it directly with metric
and optimization method - Just as it implemented in the test named
/itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetricv4RegistrationTest2/.

I think a possible fix for the /ImageRegistrationMethod/ would be to add
/MetricTraitsType/ to its template definition.
*From:*
/template< typename TFixedImage, typename TMovingImage >/
*To:*
/template<typename TFixedImage,typename TMovingImage,typename TVirtualImage
= TFixedImage,
         typename TInternalComputationValueType = double,
         typename TMetricTraits = DefaultImageToImageMetricTraitsv4<
TFixedImage,TMovingImage,TVirtualImage,TInternalComputationValueType >>/

And then just define the /ImageToImageMetricv4/ with this generics.