[ITK-users] Linking problem with ITK 4.8 and VTK 6.2

marco giordano marco.giord at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 05:52:33 EDT 2016

Dear ITK Users,

I am experiencing a linking problem when I try to build a project using ITK
and VTK. I use MS Visual Studio 2013 on Windows 7, Cmake 3.2.2, ITK 4.8,
and VTK 6.2.

Basically in my Cmake file I use "FIND_PACKAGE(ITK REQUIRED)" and
"FIND_PACKAGE(VTK 6.2)" then configure, generate the project file and build
it, however the compiler complains the he can not find "vtkCommonCore.lib"
whereas that library is in
"D:\vtk\vtk-bin-6v2\lib\Debug\vtkCommonCore-6.2.lib" so he is not looking
for the right version and in the right place.

I repeated the procedure excluding VTK both from the cmake file and from
the code and it is still complaining he can not find "vtkCommonCore.lib" so
I assume that ITK is trying to load VTK and link the wrong VTK library. I
checked in VS Properties->Configuration->Linker->Input->Dependencies and no
matter what i change in cmake it is always linking to the wrong libraries
"vtk<nameofLibrary>.lib" so i always have to change those manually. Please
let me know if you have suggestions how to solve this.

Regards,
Marco

--
Marco Giordano