[ITK-users] ASM/AAM/Snakes

Robert scorpiuni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:44:25 EDT 2016

Hello again,

I have one more question. I'm looking to get a program working that can
automatically detect a certain shape that I provide in a 3-dimensional
Volume Dataset (.nrrd). Those are (CT-) scans from the head in Python.
Now, I'm only talking about DETECTION, not necessary segmentation. I looked
into Geodesic Shape Guidance (my last Topic), however, here you still
provide initial seeds for the segmentation, as well a mean shape and PCA
Modes (used for the segmentation part).
Is there any possibility to create such an algorithm with ITK that detects
my shape? I know about the theory behind ASM and/or AAM, but I'm not too
sure if and how this is doable with ITK.
Maybe there is already some example or function that I did not find.

Thanks for your time,

Robert