[ITK-users] [ITK] CorrelationImageToImageMetricv4 returns with very low correlation values

Andrew Harris aharr8 at uwo.ca
Wed Aug 17 14:52:08 EDT 2016

Hello,
I am attempting to register two 3D images using the
CorrelationImageToImageMetricv4, the LBFGSBOptimizer, and a
3DVersorRigidRegistration. Even if I put the same volumes in to the
registration for both the fixed and moving image, I get a very low value
for correlation.  One thought I had was I might be setting the origins
incorrectly, as previously in the project the origin was defined as the
centre of the image cubes and I have attempted to stay with that
convention, and I haven’t found an example in the ITK examples where the
origin is set to something other than 0.  The other issue might be that the
original data is a char array so I had to create a cast filter to change
the image to floats, and the origins might be getting confused between the
two. If anyone has any thoughts they would be welcome, I can provide source
code if that would be helpful.

--

AH

*This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged materials for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any reviewing, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by other than the intended recipient is strictly
sender immediately and permanently destroy this email and any attachments
thereto.*