[ITK-users] [ITK] http support on midas3.kitware.com

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon Feb 1 12:00:06 EST 2016

Hi,

Since our Azure grant expired, we no longer have write access to our
storage on their CDN.  They were still providing read access, but that
may have been discontinued.  The resource is removed in this patch:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/20737/

Explicit listing of https for midas3.kitware.com to improve
expectations and error messages is added here:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/20738/

The http://www.itk.org/files/ExternalData/ resource does support http.
  I added sync'ing of the InsightData tarball contents, which can be
downloaded with every release, as part of the release process.
However, data from External / Remote modules that is not uploaded via
'git gerrit-push' [1] is not uploaded there.  And, resources like
CastXML binaries are not uploaded here.

The http://slicer.midas3.kitware.com/midas3/ archive does currently
support http, but that support is being removed.  A patch to update
the URL is here:

  http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/20739/

Thanks,
Matt