[ITK-users] problem using VersorRigid3DTransform fo 2d/3d registration...Please advice??

vishal itkhelpacc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:24:24 EST 2016

hi,
Im currently working on registering 2d x ray image with 3d CT volume (2d/3d
registration algorithm) and I have obtained pretty good results by using
euler 3d transform, siddon Raycast interpolator, powell optimizer and NCG
metric.. I read some post in the mailing list saying that using Versor 3d
transform for such application is feasible and I tried it unfortunately Im
not able to connect the Siddon ray cast interpolator to versor 3d
transform... this the piece of the code where im initializing the
interpolator

  const double dtr = ( atan(1.0) * 4.0 ) / 180.0;
  interpolator1->SetProjectionAngle( dtr*projAngle1 );
  interpolator1->SetFocalPointToIsocenterDistance(scd);
  interpolator1->SetThreshold(threshold);
  interpolator1->SetTransform(transform); // this line the error occurs
  interpolator1->Initialize();
   registration->SetInitialTransformParameters( transform->GetParameters()
);

 the error is as follows..
error C2664:
'itk::SiddonJacobsRayCastInterpolateImageFunction<TInputImage,TCoordRep>::SetTransform'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from 'itk::SmartPointer<TObjectType>' to
'itk::Euler3DTransform<TParametersValueType> *'
D:\Project_realted_example\MyOwnCodeRegistratonWithVersor\versor.cxx	696

IntelliSense: no suitable conversion function from
"itk::SmartPointer<itk::VersorRigid3DTransform<double>>" to
"itk::Euler3DTransform<double> *" exists
d:\Project_realted_example\MyOwnCodeRegistratonWithVersor\versor.cxx	696

its seems as though it is impossible to connect siddon ray casting
interpolator to the versor 3d transform and IT ONLY WORKS with Euler3d
transform...
please give me some advice.. how can I solve this problem?
Regards
Vishal