[ITK-users] Multi-threader and thread pool

Olivier Commowick olivier.commowick at inria.fr
Thu Feb 4 14:07:27 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I have recently discovered the existence of a thread pool class in ITK (http://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThreadPool.html <http://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThreadPool.html>), closely linked to the multi threader. From the doxygen, I am not really able to understand how it can be used and I do not see any example for it.

I have been looking for some time for a multi-threader, working on all OSes, that can have more jobs in queue than the number of threads and execute them when threads gets free, and this would seem like a good start. So I was wondering how this thread pool actually behaves when used by the multi-threader, what its goal is in ITK and all this sort of things. If anyone had some idea about this or may be an example on how it could be used, that would be great.

Thanks
Olivier