[ITK-users] Texture pixel by pixel

Francisco Lopez de la Franca franciscolopezdelafranca at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 06:53:21 EST 2016

Hi Bradley again.
I'm modifying your class in order to be able to set a mask image (a binary
image) to be used as a limit in the histogram calculations, I mean, I set
an input, a mask and the class should take into account to calculate the
histograms only the voxels that belong to the input and to the mask image
and having the value 1 in the mask image.
The changes seem to be easy but I don´t know why my tests are not working.
It seems that 2 threads are working at the same time and when I added my
mask iterator, the code crashes.

*** Consider that the input and mask images are the same origin, spacing
and size.

I attach the main changes I've done, and I would thank you a lot if you
don't mind having a look and help me to find what I'm doing wrong:

template< class TImageType, class TOutputImage >
void
TextureFeatureImageFilterV2< TImageType, TOutputImage
>::*SetInput*(InputImageType
*image)
{
  // Process object is not const-correct so the const_cast is required here
  this->ProcessObject::SetNthInput( 0,
                                    const_cast< InputImageType * >( image )
);
}

template< class TImageType, class TOutputImage >
void
TextureFeatureImageFilterV2< TImageType, TOutputImage
>::*SetMaskImage*(InputImageType
*image)
{
  // Process object is not const-correct so the const_cast is required here
  this->ProcessObject::SetNthInput( 1, const_cast< InputImageType * >(
image ) );

  _maskImage = image; // _maskImage is a private member
}

In the *ThreadedGenerateData*(const RegionType& outputRegionForThread,
ThreadIdType threadId ) method:
{

  for ( fit = faceList.begin(); fit != faceList.end(); ++fit )
    {
    NeighborhoodIteratorType nIter( radius, input, *fit );
    *NeighborhoodIteratorType maskIter( radius, _maskImage, *fit);*
    OutputIterator           outIter(output, *fit);

    OutputPixelType out;
    NumericTraits<OutputPixelType>::SetLength( out,
this->GetNumberOfOutputComponents() );

    while( !nIter.IsAtEnd() )
      {
      this->FillHistogram( *histogram, nIter, *maskIter *);

      ++nIter;
      ++outIter;
     * ++maskIter;*

In the *FillHistogram *method:
{

  while( iter != m_CooccurenceOffsetVector.end() )
    {

    const PixelType p1 = niter.GetPixel(iter->first);
    const PixelType p2 = niter.GetPixel(iter->second);
    std::cout << "Before p3" << std::endl;

*    const PixelType p3 = maskIter.GetPixel(iter->first);    *std::cout <<
"After p3: " << p3 << std::endl;

*    const PixelType p4 = maskIter.GetPixel(iter->second);   * std::cout <<
"After p4: " << p4 << std::endl;

    if (    p1 >= m_Min && p2 >= m_Min && p1 <= m_Max && p2 <= m_Max
            *&& p3 == _insidePixelValue && p4 == _insidePixelValue* ) //
The point
      {

*THE CODE PRINTS TWICE "BEFORE P3" AND CRASHES.*

Thank you so much.
My kind regards.
/Paco