[ITK-users] Pulling VNL function into ITK?

Johnson, Hans J hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 17 10:54:37 EST 2016

Matt,

I have been doing sub-tree merges in private branches, identifying custimizations for VXL in the ITK environmnet, and then making changes in the VXL tree so that there is no need for customizations.

I am hoping to make another pass this weekend and then, hopefully, quit working on VXL for a while.

Alexander Leinoff has been working through clang static analysis and valgrind analysis trying to clean up compiler warnings and errors.

I am mostly concerned about library linking, library installation, and library naming through the ITK install directory right now.  It seems that the ITK version of VXL had many customizations to get VXL installed so that external projects could link against them.

This issue is one that really scares me:  https://github.com/vxl/vxl/issues/127
I’m not quite sure how to attack modernizing this in such a way that it is compatible with ITK ask well.

Hans