[ITK-users] (no subject)

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 13:51:15 EST 2016

Hi Saimara,

what you want to do is called image segmentation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_segmentation>. How to do it is an open
question in science. Open means there is no universally accepted solution,
there are only partial solutions which work well for some case or which
partially work for most cases. ITK has many algorithms which do basic image
processing operations, and it is your task to assemble them into a program
which solves your problem (brain tumor segmentation).

One way to get going is to pick an introduction
<http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~jepson/csc2503/segmentation.pdf>, read it and
then try writing source code which implements one method. ITK has many
basic operations (like Gaussian blurring, watershed calculation etc)
already implemented.

Regards,
Dženan