[ITK-users] Mattes Mutual Information can produce a false positive?

David Welch david.m.welch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 21:22:21 EST 2016

You're most likely finding a local minimum - you can't discount the
implementation just because the minimization value is high.

For example, two images of different patients would produce a "high"
minimization value even though the registration might be very good.  Each
registration problem is unique, so you haven't found a "smoking gun" yet.

Try plotting the metric value over the range of accepted values for your
transform and I'll wager you'll see that the minimization is converging on
a local minimum somewhere.  That will tell you what parameter of your
optimization you need to tweak.

--
Sent from a mobile device