[ITK-users] Texture analysis - two basics questions

Yohann Tschudi yxt227 at med.miami.edu
Thu Jan 7 17:57:38 EST 2016

Hello,

It is the first time I am posting here and I hope I am doing it following
the rules.

I am working on the texture analysis exposed as an example here :
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/WikiExamples_2Statistics_2TextureFeatures_8cxx-example.html#_a3
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/WikiExamples_2Statistics_2TextureFeatures_8cxx-example.html#_a3>
 and I have two questions in mind.

This method take as input :
- a 3D (or 2D, not tested yet) image. For that I used :
http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/VolumeFromSlices
<http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/VolumeFromSlices>   to convert a set of
DICOM images to a .mha file containing the volume.
- Is it possible to give it directly a data matrix (ADC mean values from MR
for each pixel in the ROI for example) ? I was thinking for example to
change :
/typedef itk::Image< PixelType, Dimension >  ImageType;/
/typedef itk::Image< float, Dimension >  ImageType;/
but I do not really know how to fill the image (now a float matrix right ?)
used in :
/void calcTextureFeatureImage(OffsetType offset,
	InternalImageType::Pointer inputImage, InternalImageType::Pointer
outInertia,
	InternalImageType::Pointer outCorrelation, InternalImageType::Pointer
outEnergy)
/

- The second question is about the Neighborhood and offset :
/NeighborhoodType neighborhood;
neighborhood.SetRadius(1);
unsigned int centerIndex = neighborhood.GetCenterNeighborhoodIndex();
offset = neighborhood.GetOffset(d);/ (in the loop)
I do not understand at all what is this loop is doing and what is more
generally the Neigborhood concept in this case.

Here for example :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29570064/itk-calculate-texture-features-for-segmented-3d-brain-mri/29582085#29582085
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29570064/itk-calculate-texture-features-for-segmented-3d-brain-mri/29582085#29582085>
This is not used.