[ITK-users] ANN: Kitware is hiring Image Guided Intervention Applications Research and Development Engineers in the Medical Computing Group

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Sun Jan 17 08:10:04 EST 2016

Apologies for duplicate postings.

===================

Hi folks,

We are looking to hire image guided intervention applications research and
development engineers in our Medical Computing group. If you are a talented
medical image analysis and visualization expert with image guided
intervention software applications development experience, please consider
applying.

For the full posting see:
http://tinyurl.com/zxlpyyj

JOB DESCRIPTION
===============
Kitware is actively seeking talented individuals to contribute to the
creation and development of image guided intervention software
applications. The candidate will participate in research projects focused
on building intelligent virtual surgical planning and guidance applications
for a variety of clinical procedures including orthopedic, neurological and
abdominal surgeries and other types of interventions such as needle biopsy.
We aim to develop advanced algorithms to process pre-operative images, to
localize surgical instruments and register pre-operative images with
intraoperative images to guide surgeons and interventional radiologists for
better clinical outcomes. Our efforts build upon our extensive C++ software
libraries as well as our expertise in a variety of synergistic disciplines
including machine learning, pattern recognition, medical image analysis,
visualization, informatics, and computer vision. In these projects, the
employee will collaborate with world-renowned researchers and talented
engineers in industry, academia, and at government agencies.

Qualifications

*Masters or PhD in computer science, biomedical engineering, or a related
field that has emphasis in medical image analysis and visualization

*Concrete experience implementing image guided intervention applications
using open-source libraries such as ITK, VTK, 3D Slicer and Qt.

*Experience implementing biomedical analysis solutions such as: image
registration, segmentation, volume rendering, statistical computing,
visualization, etc.

*Strong C++ programming skills

*Excellent communication and writing skills

For other job openings at Kitware, please check
http://jobs.kitware.com/opportunities.html

--
Andinet Enquobahrie, Ph.D., MBA
Assistant Director of Medical Computing