[ITK-users] Lost Patient, Study and Series DICOM tags

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:45:27 EDT 2016

Hi Piotr,

instead of ImageReader->GetMetaDataDictionary() call
ImageSeriesReader->GetMetaDataDictionary(). Also, the image format you are
writing to needs to be able to support metadata (e.g. .mha, .nrrd, DICOM),
otherwise the metadata is lost (.nii, .jpg, .bmp etc).

But for writing DICOM, the process might be somewhat different from what I
described in the first email. Definitely different if you want metadata
copied slice for slice from input to output - in this case some metadata
needs to be changed anyway, such as flag that this is a derived image and
not an original image coming out of a scanner.

I suppose that MetaDataDictionary class is not wrapped. You can then loop
through all the keys and copy them and their content one by one.

Regards