[ITK-users] [ITK] region of interest size problem

Oscar Cuadros Linares ocuadrosl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:01:41 EDT 2016

Hi Dženan Zukić

Thank you for your reply.
I know that a 3D input produces a 3D output. I will try to explain better
my issue.
I have a 3D image and I want to get to a ROI (200x200x100 size) from that
image.
But the output image has to keep the original information, especially the
region size.
(400x400x550 in my case). The problem is that the output image is
200x200x100 size
and not 400x400x550 like the input image.

Thank you so much.
Oscar

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Dženan Zukić <dzenanz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Oscar,
>
> the output dimension is the same: 3D input produces 3D output, 2D input
> produces 2D output etc. But the point of RoI filter is to get an image
> which is only a part of the input image, and in that respect the filter is
> working correctly. What did you expect to happen? If you want only part of
> the image be processed, set its RequestedRegion to something smaller than
> LargestPossibleRegion.
>
> Regards,
> Dženan
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Oscar Cuadros Linares <
> ocuadrosl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I am trying to extract a region of interest (ROI) from a 3D tomography
>> I am using the filter  "itkRegionOfInterestImageFilter.h". The issue is
>> that the filter changes the original size of the input image.
>> According the documentation, the output image has the same
>> dimension of the input image. But size of the output image
>> is the size of the selected region (ROI).
>> My code is based on this example:
>>
>> https://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/RegionOfInterestImageFilter
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestions
>> Oscar