[ITK-users] Read 4D CT cardiac dicom series and save it as a single 4D nifti file

marco giordano marco.giord at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:31:36 EDT 2016

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestions. VV is not really an option since I have to
analyze many cases. I even tried to use VV but it gives me the wrong order
of the slices.

I am trying the  "itk::ImageSeriesReader" (right?) but it is complaining
that "Position is not unique".  I think it refers to the fact that the
slices in my "series" have the "same location". Not sure this is meant to
transform 2D into 4D if it expects different locations, maybe it is for 2D
into 3D. Any idea?

Regards

> You can do it pretty easily:
>
> Read DICOM using SeriesFileReader and then connect output to a FileWriter
> with the file name of your choice (in this case, it would be
> "output.nii.gz").
>

> On 9 June 2016 at 11:06, Mohammad Varasteh <varasteh at to.infn.it> wrote:
>
>> Dear Marco,
>>
>> Actually I do not know how to do it in the ITK but for such cases (if it
>> is
>> few cases) I normally use "VV: the 4D slicer". You can find it in the
>> following link:
>>
>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/rio/vv
>>
>> I hope this will be of some use.
>>
>> Varasteh