[ITK-users] Simple ITK Python not working on Mac El Capitan (10.11)

paniwani paniwani at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 02:28:08 EDT 2016

Hi,

I was using simple ITK with python in my application with no problems until
I recently upgraded to El Capitan on my Mac. Since then, I have received
error messages regarding 64-bit issues. I've tried to reinstall simple ITK
multiple times using the python binaries as stated here
https://itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Python_binary_files with both
pip and easy_install. However, I continue to run into issues running
simpleITK.

I am on OSX El Capitan (10.11) and Python 2.7.

Here is the output when I try to install the latest via pip and and use it:

I also tried to download a separate binary which I thought would be more
applicable for El Capitan (Mac OSX v10.11):

SimpleITK-0.9.0-cp27-none-macosx_10_6_intel.macosx_10_7_intel.macosx_10_8_intel.macosx_10_9_intel.macosx_10_10_intel.whl

However, I received the same error message:

Any help to get simpleITK in python working again would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Neil