[ITK-users] [ITK] SimpleITK - Resampling Coronal Image in the Axial View

Timothee Evain tevain at telecom-paristech.fr
Mon Jun 27 05:40:01 EDT 2016

Hello,

First of all, it depends on the patient position in the data, but usually the X axis describe the left/right direction, the Y axis the anterior/posterior direction and the Z axis the top/bottom one.
So I would expect the resampled imageC size to be 256x68x256 rather than 68x256x256.

Then, I think you should try to transform your imageC to be in the imageA orientation. Let say the imageA have a LPS coordinate system.
If the imageC :
-first direction represents the axis going from the patient's right to the patient's left
-second direction represents the axis going from the patient's top to the patient's bottom
-third direction represents the axis going from the patient's front to the patient's rear
Then you should rotate the imageC by a -pi/2 angle around the X axis.

You could use the Euler3DTransform to get this rotation.
Then you feed the resample filter with this transform, plus the needed parameters (origin, spacing, size,...), and you should be able to have your resampled data.
Just be sure to fully understand the transformation you're making (I recommend the ResampleImageFilter part of the ITK guide which is quite useful).

HTH,

Tim