[ITK-users] How to determine PixelType of itk::Image

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:57:09 EDT 2016

Yes, it knows. Using something like this:

template <typename ImageType>
void ItkToAvs(AVSfield** ppAvs, typename ImageType::Pointer image)
{
typename ImageType::PixelType *pixelPointer=image->GetBufferPointer();
unsigned int dimension=ImageType::ImageDimension;
//the rest of conversion code
}

However, ImageType::PixelType can be arbitrary type. Consider this:
class myClass {int a; complex<double> c; string sRep;};
typedef itk::Image<myClass, 2> ImageType;
ItkToAvs(ppAvs, image);

What do you expect ItkToAvs to do?

Regards,
Dženan