[ITK-users] Rigid 3D rotation based on plane

Becksfort, Jared Jared.Becksfort at STJUDE.ORG
Wed Mar 23 13:26:02 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to rotate a 3D image about a plane.  I am attempting to do
this using the PointSetToPointSet registration examples. I grab points
from a plane that I find in the image and correspond them with the center
of the image volume or the top of the image in a certain slice, etc.

I notice that the examples all tend to end by printing the solution.  I am
able to get this far.  It is not clear to me how I would apply this
solution to a rigid 3D registration method such as the Versor transform,
or if I am even taking the correct approach at all.  I only have one
image, not a moving one and a fixed one.

I simply want to reorient an MRI volume so that its center of mass is in
the center of the image coordinates and rotate it so that some 3D plane I
find travels through the center of the image also.  Can someone please
point me in the right direction?

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/Examples_2RegistrationITKv4_2IterativeClose
stPoint3_8cxx-example.html#_a4

Thank You,