[ITK-users] convert affine transform to scale versor 3D transform

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:56:45 EDT 2016

Hi Emily,

the docs
<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ScaleVersor3DTransform.html#a40d48115daec95ffa2bb52f273d2a1c3>
say that matrix set via SetMatrix is not checked for orthogonality. This is
probably the reason that you get runtime errors later.

To see how affine is properly transformed into scale versor, you might want
to take a look at BRAINSFit's code
<https://github.com/BRAINSia/BRAINSTools/blob/master/BRAINSCommonLib/BRAINSFitHelperTemplate.hxx>
to see how it is done there. The answer might not be in that file, but I
remember BRAINSFit had a conversion routine.

Regards,
Dženan