[ITK-users] Vector image deformable registration

Artiom Lapshin artioml at post.bgu.ac.il
Sat May 7 09:26:27 EDT 2016

Hello Matt,

Thank you for the example. I have always used
/itkImageRegistrationMethodv4/, but it doesn't support vector metrics.
The workaround of using Optimization and Metric directly without the
/itkImageRegistrationMethodv4/ does work but limit the registration features
(The built in multi-resolution registration).

The reason /itkImageRegistrationMethodv4/ doesn't support vector
registration is the hard coded MetricTraits it assumes.
Take a look at line 149 :  ImageRegistrationMethodv4
<https://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=Modules/Registration/RegistrationMethodsv4/include/itkImageRegistrationMethodv4.h;h=af477c39f18a67081eb3d935d99b4981c478f473;hb=HEAD#l149>
It always use the default MetricTrait.

I tried to add the MetricTraits to the templates that
/itkImageRegistrationMethodv4/ receives, but there are conflicts with
PointSetMetric.

At the end I just created my own version of /itkImageRegistrationMethodv4/
and commented out any code that works with PointSet metric. Here are the
source files:
DeformableRegistrationArt.cxx
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588821/DeformableRegistrationArt.cxx>
itkArtImageRegistrationMethodv4.h
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588821/itkArtImageRegistrationMethodv4.h>
itkArtImageRegistrationMethodv4.hxx
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588821/itkArtImageRegistrationMethodv4.hxx>

Please tell me what you think. Maybe I missed something and all the changes
in the code weren't necessary. If there is no other solution I can re-factor
my code and create /itkVectorImageRegistrationMethodv4/.

Hope this is useful,
Thank you,
Art.