[ITK-users] SimpleITK - Transform construction

Sami Koho sami.koho at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:18:51 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am planning to save SimpleITK spatial transforms into a HDF5 file, as image attributes.

I have divided the transform into three arguments:

1. params =  transform.GetParameters()
2. fixed_params = transform.GetFixedParameters()
3. transform_type = an integer based on the TransformEnum

I tried to rebuild the transform from those parameters using the constructor:

> itk::simple::Transform::Transform 	(unsigned int 	dimensions, TransformEnum 	type)

and then setting the fixed and moving parameters. This appears to work fine.

There are a couple of small problems however:

1. In the itk::simple::Transform Class Reference it is written that the said constructor is Deprecated. What would be the up-to-date method for constructing a specific Transform?

2. Is there a way of extracting the type of a Transform from an existing spatial transform? I tried transform.GetName() and type(transform).__name__, but both produce ‘Transform’, instead of the specific transform Name.

Best,

Sami