[ITK-users] C++11 compiler warnings with cuda <6.5

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu May 26 09:40:47 EDT 2016

Hi,
I have upgraded to ITK 4.11 (compiled with gcc 5.3.1) and I now get a lot
of warnings with my GPU code compiled with nvcc (cuda 6.5) (see RTK
<http://www.openrtk.org> dashboard, e.g., here
<http://my.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=967386>) due to this
itkConfigure.h.in commit
<https://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commitdiff;h=7de523e96178d78c8683b6bf6d1e025a71570af9;hp=d47f1e6c640b505915f8b410de83b37d96415867>.
I can see two workarounds:
- disable the warning when including itkConfigure.h.in when I compile CUDA
code. This can be done with pragmas (like explained here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4193476/is-using-pragma-warning-push-pop-the-right-way-to-temporarily-alter-warning-lev>)
but it is a bit of work to make it cross platform. Note that I don't fear a
problem since I only include this ITK file to know the configuration, the
rest is independent from ITK because, in my experience, nvcc doesn't
compile ITK code... Are you sure this warning is required and, if yes,
would there be a better way to disable this warning in my specific case?
- disable c++11 when compiling ITK and RTK but that's a pity.
Has anyone else experienced such a problem? Would there be a better
solution?
Thanks in advance,
Simon