[ITK-users] Processing 3D data question.

Robert scorpiuni at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:57:58 EDT 2016

I guess, as you have your data as an ITK Image now, you can initialize the
filter you want to use kind of like this:

  typedef itk::Image<float, 3 >  ImageType;     //pixel type is float(?),
and you have a 3d matrix as you converted your dataset // to ITK
  typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType> ReaderType;    //here, add
reader/writer if you need it
  typedef itk::MedianImageFilter<ImageType, ImageType > FilterType;
  FilterType::Pointer medianFilter = FilterType::New();
  medianFilter->SetRadius(radius);
  medianFilter->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );

I don't think that there's any difference between using filters on an
already prepared volume dataset (.nrrd for example), or on a dataset you
converted from DICOM.
I hope I could help you, however, I'm not too sure. But I honestly can't
imaging that you need to "crop" slice by slice like you described. Please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Greetings,
Robert