[ITK-users] Problem with reading dicom series using SimpleITK

Sara Gh sg.ele.eng at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:57:42 EDT 2016

Dear Francois,

Thank you for your helpful email.
As you said, the issue was about the series ID. I fixed the issue by making
metadata (including SeriesInstanceUID) the same for all dicom files in my
MATLAB code:

sizeP = [128 128 128]

[p,ellipse]=phantom3dAniso(sizeP);

outDir = './SLPData/';

fname = [outDir 'SLP000001.dcm'];

dicomwrite(p(:,:,i), fname);

metadata = dicominfo(fname);

for i=2:sizeP(3)

    fname = [outDir sprintf('SLP%06d.dcm', i)];

    dicomwrite(p(:,:,i), fname, metadata, 'CreateMode', 'copy');
end

Thanks,
Sara