[ITK-users] Simple ITK Overlap Two Image for example PET and MRI or CT ?? is it possible? and Image Fusion?

Yaniv, Ziv Rafael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] zivrafael.yaniv at nih.gov
Wed Nov 9 14:57:09 EST 2016

Hello Ivan,

We have several Python notebooks that illustrate image fusion.

An example with label maps -
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/SimpleITK-Notebooks/blob/maste
r/Python/10_matplotlib's_imshow.ipynb

relevant functions are LabelOverlay, LabelContour.

An example with two images -
https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/SimpleITK-Notebooks/blob/maste
r/Python/56_VH_Registration1.ipynb

relevant functions are CheckerBoard and just straight up alpha blending:

img = (1.0 - alpha)*fixed + alpha*moving

     hope this helps
            Ziv