[ITK-users] [ITK] meaning of negative spacing

Zein Salah zeinsalah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:12:49 EDT 2016

Hi Dženan,

thanks for the response.

but I still wonder what does this mean. The reason for the question is:

The input image is a multiframe dicom, in which the image position
patient (0020, 0032)
is stored in the header for every frame. and these values are having
decreasing values
in the z-coordinate. So I am asking myself

1. if the itkimagereader considers this when it reconstructs the 3D volume?

2. if this is the reason for negative z-spacing? if this is the case,
I can this to
interpret the meaning of the z-spacing.