[ITK-users] Using Python SimpleITK to Read/Write to BytesIO instance rather than file

Brian E Chapman Brian.Chapman at utah.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:26:48 EDT 2016

Ziv,

Thanks for your reply and the pointer to opneigtlink. Our main motivation is speed: just trying to save the write-to-disk/read-from-disk costs. Using PyDICOM we can read directly from Girder via streams and I believe we also can with nibabel. But ultimately our processing will be done with ITK and I was hoping to have SimpleITK so I was hoping to avoid all the challenges of reading in one format, passing to simpleitk and trying to keep track of all the meta data appropriately in the process.

Brian

------
Brian E. Chapman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
University of Utah