[ITK-users] Polar2Cartesian Behavior

Somesh someshsandbox at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:11:22 EDT 2016

Hi,
I have a very simple polar to cartesian filter. Its similar to
itkAzimuthElevationToCartesianTransform. The source code can be found @
https://github.com/someshSandbox/Polar2Cartesian

I generate cartesian and polar images and use the resample filter to do the
conversion for testing. While the conversion from Cartesian to Polar works,
Polar to conversion doesn't. The sample images can be found at the
following links:

   1. Created Cartesian Image: origin(-20, -20) size(40,40), spacing(1, 1)
   https://github.com/someshSandbox/Polar2Cartesian/
   blob/master/images/Cartesian.png
   <https://github.com/someshSandbox/Polar2Cartesian/blob/master/images/Cartesian.png>

   2. Used filter to convert Cartesian Image to Polar: origin(0, 0)
   size(20,360), spacing(1, 1). This works.
   https://github.com/someshSandbox/Polar2Cartesian/blob/master/images/
   Cartesian2Polar.png

   3. Created Polar Image: origin(0, 0) size(20,360), spacing(1, 1)
   https://github.com/someshSandbox/Polar2Cartesian/
   blob/master/images/Polar.png

   4. User filter to convert Polar Image to cartesian: origin(-20, -20)
   size(40,40), spacing(1,1). This doesn't work.
   https://github.com/someshSandbox/Polar2Cartesian/blob/master/images/
   Polar2Cartesian.png

I am probably missing something trivial, but can't seem to locate the bug.
I would appreciate if someone can review the code.

Thanks,
Somesh