[ITK-users] Restrict parameters of a transformation to be optimized during registration

Marc-Michel Rohé marc-michel.rohe at inria.fr
Sat Sep 24 14:54:34 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am working with the registration pipeline of ITK using 3D images. What
I would like to do is to register two images with translations but
keeping the translation with respect to the third dimension at 0 (so
find the best 2D translation on the axis X and Y mapping two images).

Is there a way to use the ITK classes "itkTranslationTransform" and
"itkImageRegistrationMethodv4" ?

I have looked at multiple examples and documentation but could not find
a way to do it easily if not coding a whole new class that performs 2D
transform in 3D...

Thx !