[ITK-users] Private Tags with itk 4.7 and gdcm

Nauman, Syed (GE Healthcare, consultant) syed.nauman at ge.com
Fri Apr 7 17:29:58 EDT 2017

Hello,
I read some posts about private tags not working properly but couldn't find a way to load private tags.

I'm using DicomSeriesReadPrintTags_8cxx

And I used
dicomIO->LoadPrivateTagsOn()

and
nameGenerator->SetLoadPrivateTags ( true );

But I get values for all private tags as

(0043|10a8)  = MlwtNVwyNSA=

I can view using any tool to see  the value as
(0043|10b2) Private tag data                   LO: ['9548', '162.6', '338.391', '-2.870712']

I wonder shall I need to add this tag in dictionary as well?
I tried playing around with the gdcm dictionary like;
const gdcm::Global &g = gdcm::Global::GetInstance();
const gdcm::Dicts &dicts = g.GetDicts();
const gdcm::Dict & pubdict=dicts.GetPublicDict();

but it doesn't provide any example or any source about how to use private dictionaries or add any tag values in that?
Can some one please help here with some source code about how to resolve this issue with itk 4.7 and gdcm 2.2

Thanks,