[ITK-users] ITK Python: numpy to itk image (and viceversa)

D'Isidoro Fabio fisidoro at ethz.ch
Wed Apr 12 14:16:10 EDT 2017

Thank you. I am trying to build ITK Wrap Python with Module_BridgeNumPy=ON with Visual Studio 2017.

I get the following type of errors:

12>C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/Preview/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.10.25017/include\xstring(1905,26): error G3F63BFAE: constexpr variable '_Memcpy_move_offset' must be initialized by a constant expression
12>        static constexpr size_t _Memcpy_move_offset = offsetof(_Mydata_t, _Bx);
12>                                ^                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12>C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/Preview/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.10.25017/include\stdexcept:23:21: note: in instantiation of template class 'std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >' requested here
12>                : _Mybase(_Message.c_str())
12>                                  ^
12>C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/Preview/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.10.25017/include\xstring:1905:48: note: cast that performs the conversions of a reinterpret_cast is not allowed in a constant expression
12>        static constexpr size_t _Memcpy_move_offset = offsetof(_Mydata_t, _Bx);
12>                                                      ^
12>C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Include/10.0.10586.0/ucrt\stddef.h:38:32: note: expanded from macro 'offsetof'
12>        #define offsetof(s,m) ((size_t)&reinterpret_cast<char const volatile&>((((s*)0)->m)))

The build worked with Visual Studio 2015 instead.

Can I fix this issue with Visual Studio 2017 somehow?

Thank you.

Fabio D’Isidoro - PhD Student
Institute of Biomechanics
HPP O 14