[ITK-users] releaseData flag, partial update in a complex pipeline

asertyuio asertyuio at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 22 12:46:09 EDT 2017

Dear Users,

I have trouble applying the concepts behind the release data flag, and
memory management  of itk to a particular problem.

I’m developing a filter with, for part of it, it a rather complex mini
pipeline.
H, R, RS, W, WS and M are itk filters.
The filter will be updated frequently, and I’m trying to make the update
only update necessary parts, while keeping memory imprinting as low as
possible.

Here is a schematic, simplified graph representing my filter :

|H | \ v \ R \ -> take as input a parameter P1 that do not change often |
\ / \ /\ v v v | RS W | | | | | v | \ WS | \ | / v v v M -> takes
parameters P2 that are often updated |

I would like to be able to release the output data of the filter R and
of the filter W, updating them only if the parameter P1 change (which
would trigger update for the whole pipeline), while still being able to
change P2 without having to recalculate R, W and RS.

I think it may be possible with the releaseData flag, don’t really
understand where it should be putted, and if this will do what I need.

Thanks a lot for you help !
Yann

​