[ITK-users] Extracting image coordinate transform matrix

Ramana C rc1515 at ic.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 08:21:44 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I am using SimpleITK in Python (but help for any ITK/SimpleITK version would
be appreciated too!).

I am looking for a way to extract (or construct) the 4 by 4 transformation
matrix from an image that lets me transform physical space coordinates to
voxel coordinates of the image grid, and vice-versa.

I know that the image class has methods such as
image.TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint, but I was hoping that it would be
possible to extract the transformation matrix itself.

-Ramana