[ITK-users] 3D registration with level set motion

CocoM cgo_2113 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:03:36 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm doing image registration with the example DeformableRegistration5, i.e.
with level set motion. So far I've processed 2D images and it worked fine,
but I am now trying to register 3D images and I get an exception with any 3D
file I have. The exception occurs after triggering the registration filter,
in the function GenerateOutputInformation of the class
itkImageFileReader.hxx. Apparently ITK can't create IO objet for reading the
file (m_ImageIO is NULL).

I'm not sure of what I had to do to adapt this algorithm for 3D. The only
thing I changed is the image dimension defined in the main program. Is there
something more to change? I am working with Dicom 3D images, all the slices
in the same file.

Thanks a lot!

Marie