[ITK-users] Fwd: [ITK] 3D registration with level set motion

CocoM cgo_2113 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 5 16:00:47 EDT 2017

Thanks a lot it's almost working now!

I have another question, about the running time.
I don't know anything about it but I'm surprised by the time needed for the
algorithm to be done. I'm using the example DeformableRegistration5 (level
set PDE solving), but I changed it to use B-spline interpolation. The
running time is huge for 3D ; for 2D it takes a little less than 3 minutes
and for 3D, I need approximately 20 minutes by iteration, so imagine the
time needed by the whole process... My test image is 512x512x43, the
algorithm is multi threads. I'm working on a six years old Asus laptop
(X53S), nothing extraordinary. I couldn't say exactly what my CPU is but
it's a Intel core i5. I know it's not great material but still, I feel like
it's very slow. So could someone tell me if it's normal?

The thing is I didn't change much, so I guess it is, but I wanted to ask
anyway.

Plus, if anyone has any idea to speed up the process, except buying a better
computer, it would be really great!

Thanks a lot,
Marie