[ITK-users] Integrate new .h and .txx file as a part of ITK Framework

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Fri Aug 11 16:59:18 EDT 2017

Hello Siming,

Welcome to ITK! I am not sure if you have had a chance to look at the
ITKSoftwareGuide [1], but it is a great place to find a lot of information.
The chapters that are the most relevant for you are probably Chapter 8 (How
to write a filter) and Chapter 9 (How to create a module). To answer your
question more specifically, the easiest way to integrate a new filter or
new files to ITK is to develop an ITK module. This module can then either
be compiled outside of ITK, or if you think it would be useful to the whole
ITK community, it can be integrated to ITK as a remote module [2].

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions.

Francois

[1] https://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
[2] https://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Policy_and_Procedures_for_Adding_Remote_Modules