[ITK-users] Install problem on Windows 7

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Mon Dec 18 04:30:29 EST 2017

Hi Gib,
as it's been suggested, this is a known issue with Win 7's "C:\Program
Files" directory; the OS will not allow you to install anything there
without admin privileges. So not an ITK issue. May be the issue is
present in newer Microsoft OS's as well (have not checked).

Also, did you try to first post the question on
https://discourse.itk.org/? It's weird that "it gets marked as spam"
for a question like yours (talking about the installation question),
if that mechanism of marking inappropriate/spam messages exists at all
in the platform itself (have not seen a message with that "label"
yet), instead of being your mail server the one doing "that job" [1]
and you be missing the answers.

Anyway, try again posting your next question on
dhttps://discourse.itk.org/ directly ;-)

[1] https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-emails-are-marked-as-spam-on-gmail/6685/12