[ITK-users] DICOM resample for large files

Ibraheem ibr_ex at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 07:35:10 EST 2017

Dear all,
I am trying to resample large dicom volume by using the code from this
example:
https://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/DICOM/ResampleDICOM
but I get out of memory error.
I did the following:
1- divide the files into different folders e.g each folder contains only 100
files e.g.
   folder1/file0 to file99
   folder2/file100 to file199

2- resample each folder separately.
3- collect the files again to one folder.

I had a problem that the code name the files in each folder the same e.g.
  folder1/file0 to file99
  folder2/file0 to file99

I solved this problem by getting the index from the files names in each
folder.
When I try to read the resulted volume I get multiple volumes with same
contents. Each volume display only small part of the original volume and the
rest is black. It looks like the code overwriting each folder with images of
the first folder even the names are changed. The code can be
viewed/downloaded from this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CYc5oVUOLSMDd6cVdfSGlmRkU

Your suggestion is appreciated.
Regards,