[ITK-users] Missing filters in ITK installation

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Wed Feb 22 11:01:10 EST 2017

Hello,

These filters have been published as part of the Insight Journal article
you referenced. However, no ITK remote module has been created to directly
make them available in ITK. This means that currently one has to download
the source code of these filters outside of the ITK source code.
Additionally, these filters are not wrapped in Python.
The source code would need to be updated (probably just reorganize the
files to respect the expected folder structure) to allow these filters to
be part of an ITK remote module and completed to create the Python wrapping.
You could contact the authors of the paper to see if they are willing to do
it, or you are also more than welcome to do it. It would be great to add
this filter directly in ITK and I would gladly help you to get started.
The ITK Software Guide (chapter 9) provides a lot of information on how to
proceed to create an ITK module [1]. You can also look at filters that have
an existing ITK remote module, such as [2].

Thank you for your help,
Francois

[1] https://itk.org/ITKSoftwareGuide/html/Book1/ITKSoftwareGuide-Book1.html
[2] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITKCuberille