[ITK-users] Extract contour of several regions as if they were connected

BRAHIAN DAVID RANGEL CASTRO brahiand.rangel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 11:35:22 EDT 2017

Hi itk users,

Currently I am working on passing an algorithm written in matlab to
itk. One of the steps is use snakes* to get a contour (as mask) of several
regions that are not connected as if they were. Here is a visual example:​

 snakes sample.png
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OquSnF9dNDTWVZVWwyc2FPUUE/view?usp=drive_web>

​

I have tried using the GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter but the
result is not satisfactory. Could you tell me which parameters to adjust in
order to achieve this result or some other suggestion of which filter to
use?

Thanks,

Brahian

*The algorithm used for the snakes is https://www.mathworks.com/
matlabcentral/fileexchange/28149-snake---active-contour