[ITK-users] Cardiac Deformation using Segmentation and Registration of Ultrasound Images

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:22:00 EDT 2017

Hi Thanos,

segmentation is not a trivial task, and usually requires a lot of user
intervention/interaction to achieve a satisfactory result.

Completely segmenting one case, and then registering other cases to the
segmented one and transferring labels is called atlas segmentation.

To figure out proper registration parameters, you could play with BRAINSFit
module of 3D Slicer (docs <https://www.slicer.org/wiki/Modules:BRAINSFit>),
which is built on top of ITK and provides a nice user interface with
significant number of options to tweak.

For B-Splines, common number of grid points are up to maybe 13x13x13. Since
you have a high frame rate, you would probably benefit from initializing
registration of time point n+1 by resulting transform from time point n.

Regards,
Dženan Zukić, PhD, Senior R&D Engineer, Kitware (Carrboro, N.C.)